Welcome, and thank you for your interest in Properly, Inc. (“Properly”, “we,” or “us”) and our website at www.getproperly.com, as well as all related websites, networks, applications, and other services provided by us (collectively, our “ Service”).
This Policy is incorporated into and is subject to the Properly Terms of Service. Capitalized terms used but not defined in this Policy have the meaning given to them in the Properly Terms of Service.
Information We Collect on the Service:
- Personal Information . When you use the Service, you may provide and we may collect “Personal Information”, which is information that specifically identifies you as an individual. Examples of Personal Information include your name, email address, mailing address, image, and mobile phone number. If you give us personal data that does not specifically identify you, such as your date of birth, and we link it together with your Personal Information, we will treat that personal data as your Personal Information.
- Cookies . When you use the Service, we may send one or more small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters (“cookies”) to your device. Some cookies disappear when you close your browser, but others may persist on your device after you close your browser and may be used on subsequent visits to the Service, such as to remember your user name and preferences.
- Automatically Collected Information . When you use the Service, we may automatically record certain information from your device by using various types of technology, including web beacons (also known as “clear gifs”). This automatically collected information may include your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web sites or search terms that you view just before or just after you use the Service, the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with on the Service, the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Service, and other information collected by our analytics provider. We also may use these technologies to collect information regarding your interaction with email messages or other service features, such as whether you opened a message, or the times at which you marked a task complete on a visual checklist. This information is gathered from all users, and may be connected with your Personal Information.
- Location Information. We may obtain information about your physical location, such as by use of GPS and other geolocation features in your device, or by inference from other information we collect (for example, your IP address indicates the general geographic region from which you are connecting to the internet).
- Information from Other Sources . We may obtain information, including Personal Information, from third parties such as Airbnb or from other Service users. For example, when a Host sends a Cleaner an invitation to use the Service, the Host may provide the Cleaner’s email address to us.
How We Use the Information We Collect . We use information we collect on the Service to provide the Service and operate our business in the following ways:
· We use the information that we collect on the Service to operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of the Service, to provide services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions and otherwise to provide support to users.
· We use the information that we collect on the Service to understand and analyze the Service usage and preferences of our users, to improve the Service, to generate statistics and Reputation Scores, to make recommendations, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
· We may use your email address or other information we collect to contact you for administrative purposes such as customer service or to send communications, including updates relating to products or services we offer.
When We Disclose Information . Except as described in this Policy, we will not disclose your Personal Information that we collect on the Service to third parties. We may disclose information to third parties in the following circumstances:
· Any information that you voluntarily choose to expose to other users of the Service will be available to anyone who has access to that content. For example, when a Host sends a Job to a Cleaner, that Cleaner will be able to view information about the Host and the Job.
· In connection with any disclosure of Personal Information that is permitted under this Policy, we may also disclose your Reputation Scores. Thus, any person who can see other information about you on the Service, such as your name or a profile image, may also be able to see your Reputation Scores.
· We work with third party service providers to provide website, application development, hosting, maintenance, and other services for us. These third parties may have access to or process your information as part of providing those services for us. Generally, we limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and we require them to agree to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
· We may disclose your information if required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with applicable laws, in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement, regulators, or other governmental agencies.
· We also reserve the right to disclose your information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of the Service and any facilities or equipment used to make the Service available, or (v) protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others.
· We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties if you give your consent to such disclosure.
· Information about our users, including Personal Information, may be disclosed and transferred to an acquirer, successor, or assignee of Properly as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of stock or assets, or similar transaction, or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
· We may make certain aggregated, automatically-collected, or otherwise non-Personal Information available to third parties for various purposes, including (i) compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding our users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality available through the Service.
You may, of course, decline to share certain Personal Information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Service. You may update, correct, or delete your account information and preferences at any time by accessing your account preferences page on the Service. If you wish to access or amend any other Personal Information we hold about you, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
We do not provide your Personal Data to third parties for their marketing purposes, and therefore do not offer an opt-out for third-party marketing programs. If, in the future, we implement any program that shares your Personal Information with third parties for their marketing purposes, we will modify this Policy accordingly.
If you receive commercial email from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email. Please be aware that if you opt out of receiving commercial email from us or otherwise modify the nature or frequency of promotional communications you receive from us, it may take up to ten business days for us to process your request, and you may continue receiving promotional communications from us during that period. Additionally, even after you opt out from receiving commercial messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding the Service.
Your device operating system or browser may include settings, options, or add-on components to control the placement and presence of cookies and access to location information. Please note that if you choose to refuse or delete cookies from the Service, or to deny the Service access to your location information, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Service to their fullest potential.
We do not track our website visitors over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and do not specifically respond to Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals. However, some third party websites do keep track of your browsing activities, including across other websites on the internet, which enables these websites to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such websites, your browser may allow you to set a DNT signal on your browser so that third parties know you do not want to be tracked.
The Service may contain features or links to websites and services provided by third parties. Any information you provide on third-party sites or services is provided directly to the operators of such services and is subject to those operators’ policies, if any, governing privacy and security. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third-party sites or services to which links or access are provided through the Service. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with information.
Our Service is not directed to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the Service at any time or in any manner. If we learn that Personal Information has been collected on the Service from a child under 13 years of age, we will take appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under 13 years of age has obtained an account on the Service, please alert us at email@example.com.
Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Although we use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to improve the integrity and security of Personal Data that we collect and maintain, we cannot and do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, viewed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users with whom you may choose to share your information. Further, even after information posted on the Service is removed, caching and archiving services may have saved that information, and other users or third parties may have copied or stored the information available on the Service.
The Service is hosted in the United States. If you are located in the European economic area or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use, we comply with applicable legal requirements providing adequate protection for the transfer of personal information. We may transfer the personal information we collect about you to countries other than the country in which the information was originally for the purposes of storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the service. By providing information, including Personal Information, to the service you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing. Note that laws vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, and so the privacy laws applicable to those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. If we transfer your information to other countries, we will protect that information as described in this Policy.
Changes and Updates to this Policy
Please revisit this page periodically to stay aware of any changes to this Policy, which we may update from time to time. If we modify this Policy, we will make the revised Policy available through the Service, and indicate the date of the latest revision. In the event that the modifications materially alter your rights or obligations hereunder, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you of the change. For example, we may send a message to your email address, if we have one on file, or generate a pop-up or similar notification when you access the Service for the first time after such material changes are made. Your continued use of the Service after the revised Policy has become effective indicates that you have read, understood and agreed to the revised Policy.
Our Contact Information
The Service is offered by Properly, Inc., located at 611 S Van Ness Street 2nd floor, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA. Please contact us with any questions or comments about this Policy, your Personal Information, our use and disclosure practices, or your consent choices, either at that address or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This privacy statement describes how Properly collects and uses the information you provide in your Google Calendar account via the Properly “Google Calendar Sync” application. It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your information and how you can access and update this information.
Collection and Use
We collect the following personal information from your Google Calendar and Google Contacts account:
– Event name
– Event date
– Event time
– Event description (will be inserted as a note)
– Event location (will be insterted as a note)
– Contacts’ names
– Contacts’ email
– Contacts’ telephones
– Contacts’ organization
– Contacts’ postal address
– Contacts’ birthday
– Contacts’ gender
We add/import the following personal information from your Properly account to your Google Calendar & Google Contacts account:
– Event name
– Event date
– Event time
– Event description
– Event resource name
– Contacts’ names
– Contacts’ email
– Contacts’ telephones
– Contacts’ organization
– Contacts’ postal address
– Contacts’ birthday
– Contacts’ gender
We use this information to
Populate your Google Calendar & Google Contacts data in your Properly customer management tool
Populate your Properly customer data in your Google Calendar & Google Contacts account
Create bookings from Properly’s calendar for the imported/synchronised contacts
Keep your Google Calendar & Google Contacts in sync with your Properly customers and vice versa
Send booking confirmation emails, booking cancellation emails, booking update emails or booking reminder emails to the contacts imported from Google Calendar & Google
Contacts – prior to sending out such emails your consent will be sought each time.
We will only use this information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
Disclosure to Third Parties
We do not share or sell your personal information to third parties.
We disclose information only in the following cases:
– as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process
– when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, to investigate fraud, or to respond to a government request
– if we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice through our app of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information
– to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
The security of your Google Calendar & Google Contacts’ personal information is important to us. We take commercially reasonable measures and follow generally accepted standards to protect the information you provide us, both during transmission and once we receive it. For example, the information you provide is transmitted via encryption using technologies such as secure socket layer technology (SSL).
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information.
Accessing Your Information
To review, correct, or update your customers’ information, you can use the Properly CRM tool or you can update this information directly from Google Contacts. If you have chosen to synchronise your customer and contact data 2-way then the data will be updated both in Properly and Google Calendar & Google Contacts no matter where you make the changes to. You may also decide to have just one-way synchronisation which limits the syncing process to only one medium – either Properly or Google Calendar & Google Contacts.
We will retain the synced/imported information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with our services.
If you wish to close your account or request that we no longer use your Google Calendar & Google Contacts information you can either uninstall the Google Calendar & Google Contacts in the “Apps” sections of our web application, or if you want to delete all customer data that was imported to Properly simply delete your account in the “My Account” section of our web application. Please note that you first need to uninstall the Google Calendar App and then delete your account at Properly to avoid deleting all your events in Google.
Privacy Statement Updates
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our business or this app as it pertains to the information collected from you and our use of it. If the change impacts how we use or handle information collected from you, we will email you and/or your company’s Google administrator, or post a notice where you first access this app prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.